Voght Street is the City of Merritt’s main thoroughfare and sees high volumes of daily traffic; as such, the City engaged Allnorth to design an upgrade which would result in a less congested and safer street for drivers, cyclists, and pedestrians.
Allnorth completed the preliminary design of the proposed Voght Street Phase 1 Upgrades Project, and consequently, the City of Merritt requested the designs to be advanced to detailed design, ready for construction complete with tender documents.
As part of the project, utilities that service Merritt and run under Voght Street will also be replaced, as Voght Street is torn up and raised in order to mitigate future flood risk.
Allnorth completed detailed design for the following:
- Detailed design of the Voght Street active transportation corridor, including the addition of curb and gutter, sidewalks, bus stops, and on-street cycle lanes from the Nicola River Bridge approach to Blackwell Avenue.
- Existing water and sanitary utility replacement.
- Detailed design of a stormwater system, including catch basins and outlet to a proposed ditch leading to the Central Park stormwater pond.
- Detailed design of the required upgrades to the existing water main, sanitary syphon and sanitary sewer mains on the Nicola River.
- Associated road replacement for utility upgrades.
- Preliminary design
- Detailed design
- Tender services
- Construction services
- Stakeholder liaison