Centre Street is a frequently used roadway in Strathmore, Alberta. The paving condition from south of Archie Klaiber Trail to the entrance of the Ranch Market was approaching the end of its lifespan and required rehabilitation. To ensure its longevity well into the future, the road surface was milled and repaved.
In addition to road surface rehabilitation, the Town of Strathmore wanted to install a guardrail with aesthetic appeal as part of the town’s beautification efforts. The final guard rail design eliminated the need for horizontal rails, and instead used closely spaced guard posts, resembling pier-type fencing, while maintaining the required safety protection for vehicles.
Allnorth was responsible for the following scope of work:
- Performed a site inspection and condition assessment to confirm the side slope, measure the distance of water body from the edge of the road as well as the length
- Design of the guard rail including the design basis, material selection, and options review
- Prepared drawings outlining the guardrail details and spacing required as well as gravel shoulder cross-section
- Prepared technical specifications and schedule of quantities
- Provided construction supervision and administration
- Civil engineering design
- Procurement services
- Technical specifications
- Construction supervision
- Construction administration
Town of Strathmore, AB