Allnorth was engaged by the Town of Stony Plain to prepare an assessment of the Town’s existing snow storage site and develop a conceptual plan for the management of snow. The report provided details regarding the regulatory requirements for snow storage in the Province of Alberta as well as an assessment of the Town’s existing snow disposal site in comparison to those requirements.
The report also provided a summary and recommendation for the current and future snow disposal for the Town. The objectives of the report were to provide the following information:
- Existing site overview and analysis
- Environmental assessment of the existing site and identify issues
- Preliminary design of upgrades and cost estimates
- Best practices for snow removal and storage
- Future location options and costs
The objective of the study was for the Town to locate a snow storage facility to maximize treatment of the meltwater, minimize safety hazards and control the rate and location of the snowmelt discharges.
- Topographic survey
- Hydrologic modeling
- Site grading
- Preliminary engineering drawings
- Class ‘D’ cost estimate
- Snow Storage Site Best Management Practices
Stony Plain, AB