Allnorth Land Surveyors (Allnorth) has been supporting New Gold Inc. with surveying at their New Afton Mine Tailings Storage Facility (TSF) west of Kamloops, BC since 2014.
The New Afton Mine is a gold-copper mine which started producing in June 2012. The underground operation is expected to produce on average 85,000 ounces of gold and 75 million pounds of copper per year over its mine life.
For the 2019 season, Allnorth was contracted to complete quality assurance survey work verifying the critical components of the Contractor’s surveying and reported volumes.
The scope of Allnorth’s responsibilities to date has included provision of survey services to support New Gold with planning, management an execution of the 2019 TSF Dam Raise Construction Program and the 2019 TSF Operations. This included:
- Providing actual cross sections
- Quantity measurements and verification
- Monthly volumes of fine filter, till, mechanically placed cyclone sand, coarse filter, rock fill materials
- Year end summary of material placement
- Sand placement layout
- Weekly volumes of hydraulic cyclone sand placement
- Data for tailings management
- Instrumentation reading
- Subsidence monitoring
- Project management
- Quality control
West of Kamloops, BC