EPCOR Water Services Inc. (EPCOR) engaged Allnorth to provide engineering services for mechanical and structural upgrades to their Parkland Booster Station.
These enhancements were essential to meet the increased demand on the station, which supplies water to Edmonton’s West Secondary Zone (WSZ). Moreover, the Capital Region Parkland County Water Service Commission (CRPWSC) and Enoch WSC, both regional customers, rely on the WSZ for their water supply.
In order to accommodate the heightened demand and align with the existing piping system, Parkland’s Pump 6 was upgraded to a higher capacity pump.
Allnorth’s scope of engineering services encompassed:
- As-build assessment of the existing system
- Detailed design
- Construction and Start-Up (C&SU) engineering support
- Issued for Review (IFR) and Issued for Construction (IFC) design packages for mechanical /process and structural components
- Class III capital cost estimation to support project sanction
- Comprehensive station-wide hydraulic evaluation with recommendations for upgrading or de-bottlenecking
- Assistance to the EPCOR project manager in creating the Request for Quotation (RFQ) package, responding to related inquiries, and selecting the successful bid
- Engineering support throughout the construction and commissioning phases
- Process / Mechanical Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Project Management
- Cost Estimating
- Construction and Commissioning