The proposed Kitimat Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) facility will include natural gas liquefaction, LNG storage and marine on-loading facilities. Natural gas is planned to be delivered via a pipeline approximately 14 kilometres lateral to the Pacific Trail Pipelines.
Allnorth provided engineering and field services for this design-build project, and constructed a temporary barge loading facility for the LNG terminal, in order to facilitate the disposal of excavated material during site preparation activities. Allnorth’s scope of work included:
- Design of a marine work trestle and dump scow loading facility; the work trestle was approximately 600 ft long, accommodating a belt conveyor and two-way dump truck traffic;
- Design of a dump/crusher pocket retaining wall and foundations;
- Lighting design for a dump/crusher pocket, trestle and scow loading facility;
- Site drainage plan for trestle and dump/crusher pocket;
- QA manual and checklists for the above work;
- Environmental monitoring during construction.
- Structural engineering
- Marine engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Environmental monitoring