The Tigerstedt Block is one of the last remaining unaltered commercial streetscapes whose initial construction marked the early development of Centre Street North, south of 16th Avenue in Calgary.
The neighbourhood high street is typical of 1920s development, as the city began to expand outwards. The distinctive angled entry on the corner is framed by rounded glass block windows. The building is dominated by a 10 foot projecting neon sign containing the lettering “Tigerstedt Block est 1932”.
Certus Developments Inc., with members of the Allnorth team, transformed the Tigerstedt Block into a six-storey mixed-use, multi-family residential and retail development.
The original corner entry with curved glass was incorporated into the new structure, and the sign was also installed closer to its original location on the block.
For this project, members of the Allnorth team worked with the developer, architect, and city to provide civil engineering and construction supervision services.
- Project coordination
- Site servicing & grading design
- Stormwater management plan & design evaluation
- Erosion and sediment control design and report
- Construction supervision services