Allnorth is a company that does not measure success solely by the financial bottom line. As a great company we are also committed to achieving our success through collaboration with Our Team and our Clients.
Team, Clients and Profitability are segments which together form our commitment to our Triple Bottom Line [TBL] approach to leading Allnorth. We believe our TBL bonds our Team to our Clients in a manner that drives our Profitability. One cannot exist without the other.
Within each segment of the TBL, we identify three strategic imperatives, these are the essential areas that the company must focus on to succeed and deliver on our TBL.
Taken together these elements comprise our Strategic Framework, which will ultimately help determine and prioritize the specific activities at Allnorth.
Our culture is inclusive of, “Safety in Everything We Do”. Allnorth team members are our organization’s single most important resource and we take our responsibility to ensure their health and well-being earnestly. Providing a healthy and safe workplace on behalf of those who enable Allnorth’s success – our team - is our priority.
Our executive leadership team is dedicated to maintaining a culture of safety by establishing policies, procedures and regular training that instills our team members with the awareness, ability and goal of upholding our unrelenting safety standards. Maintaining a culture of safety for the protection and well-being of our professionals, clients, communities and the environment is our number one goal.
At Allnorth we believe in building and maintaining mutually respectful relationships with all stakeholders in the communities where we operate. This means we ensure quality community relations because the dignity and well-being of those we impact are of prime importance to us.
At the heart of what we do is the desire to improve the lives of our clients and the communities in which they live. We are mindful of the social, economic and environmental impacts of our operations so we can continually improve, build upon successes and exceed our clients’ expectations. The viability and sustainability of the communities our clients call ‘home’ forms the foundation for how we approach all of our initiatives.
Allnorth is committed to developing strong, sustainable relationships with Indigenous communities. We strive to ensure timely engagement and to develop a thorough understanding and respect of the rights, culture, values and aspirations of all Indigenous communities.
Allnorth has a long and trusted history of working with Indigenous communities across Canada. Our work is guided by the principles of mutual respect and inclusion. This approach generates a beneficial balance of historical experience and traditional knowledge with modern science, and an understanding of ecosystems to create effective solutions. By collaborating with Indigenous communities, we are able to source potential new team members and produce goods and services that are available locally, thereby, generating a positive impact on Indigenous communities.
Allnorth recognizes environmental stewardship as one of our guiding principles and while sustainable development is key to sound business performance, respecting the environment is more than a business practice to us. Protecting the environment defines our approach to sustainability and we are committed to providing our clients with quality service that minimizes potential negative impact to the environment.
The Allnorth promise is to operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and use the principles of sustainability and environmental best practices in all that we do.
- Integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making and activities
- Promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner
- Reduce waste through re-use and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable, or refurbished products and materials if these alternatives are available, economical and suitable
- Promote efficient use of energy, materials, and resources throughout our operations
- Minimize unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, seek substitutions when feasible, and take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored, and disposed of
- Where possible, purchase and use environmentally responsible products that have been selected based on criteria including reduced energy and/or water consumption, low toxicity or environmental hazard, durability, use of recycled materials, and ability to be recycled, refilled or refurbished at end of life
- Where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist, develop and maintain appropriate emergency, spill response, and environmental management plans
- Strive to continually improve our environmental performance by periodically reviewing our environmental policy in light of our current and planned future activities.
Contact our experts to find out how we can help you and your company succeed.
Recent NewsJanuary 21st, 2019
Olav Mejia, MASc, P.Eng., Allnorth, along with Bern Klein, Ph.D., P.Eng., University of British Columbia, will be presenting a paper at the 51st Canadian Mineral Processors Conference.Read More